Damian Maldonado Scholarship Enrollment Form
The Damian Maldonado Memorial Scholarship Fund has been established In honor of Damian Maldonado, who passed away in 2007 at the age of 17. Damian was a dynamic young man on his way to college. The scholarship will be funded to help students in Napa Valley fulfill their college dreams. Damian was loyal to his family and friends, honored his heritage, and performed service to his community. Therefore, the scholarship committee will look to award scholarships to those similar in nature. This scholarship is open to all who qualify; it is not based on ethnicity, race or gender.
1. Be a high school senior graduating from a Napa Valley school in 2023.
2. Plan to enroll full-time in a 2-yr, 4-yr, or technical post-secondary institution for Fall 2023.
3. Have earned a minimum 2.5 weighted cumulative GPA.
4. Have an interest in: Travel, Sports, and Community Service. Love of family, friends, and heritage.
– Form must be submitted by March 15, 2023.
– Selected recipients MUST attend the scholarship fundraising dinner in August.
– Attach an official copy of your high school transcript to this form.
– Attach a list of extracurricular activities and/or community service to this form.
– All materials must be submitted on time in order to be considered for the scholarship.
– Finalists may be asked to be interviewed (by zoom if in person is not allowed).
Damian was loyal to his family and friends, honored his heritage, and performed service to his community. With these qualities in mind, we look to award scholarships to those similar in nature.
Please respond to ONE of the two following prompts:
1. Describe the world you come from – for example, your family, community or school – and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.
2. Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
Attach a list of extracurricular activities and/or community service, and list of colleges you have applied to.
We recommend combining as many files as possible but have added an additional attachment option if needed.